DIY CAT HALLOWEEN GARLAND


I came across the sweetest little black cat digital download images on Etsy and I came up with the idea to make them into Halloween garland.

Digital downloads are great for DIY projects because once you pay for your purchase, the download is instantly available for you to print from your home printer.

The image I chose was from the Etsy shop Heart 2 Heart Digital, and they have downloads for almost every occasion, and they’re very affordable.

FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

HOW TO MAKE DIY HALLOWEEN CAT GARLAND FROM A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

The garland was simple to make, and I only used a few supplies I already had in my craft cabinet.

SUPPLIES

  • Black Cat Digital Print
  • Black Lace Trim Tassel/Fringe Ribbon
  • Black Embroidery Floss
  • Elmers Craft Bond Glue
  • Scissors
  • Rounded Corner Punch

THE QUICK TUTORIAL

I printed two pages of the digital download. 

This way, the cat image was front and back.


Next, I cut all the images out individually with scissors and rounded the corners of each print with a rounded corner punch.


Then, I cut the tassel ribbon to fit each image and glued it along the bottom back side of each design.


Before placing the matching image over the tassel ribbon, I also placed a string of embroidery floss about a quarter inch from the top of the image and glued the two images, so the tassel and embroidery floss were nice and secure.


TA DA! NOT SPOOKY BUT HALLOWEEN BLACK CAT CUTE!





The garland was so adorable that I decided to print one more page of prints to make treat bag tags.


Happy Black Cat Season, and THANK YOU, for stopping by the blog today.