DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS FOR PETS -


With Halloween right around the corner I thought I'd do a little blast from the past post and share Halloween costumes I've done with the pony girls over the years.

I think it's so entertaining and cute when people include their pets in Halloween fun, and the cute photos always make me smile.

Over the years I've done all kinds of dress up and in this post, I share a fairy costumer, little devils, ladybugs. The of Oz cast, and Barbie. 

ENJOY!

XOXO

Emily

P.S. I also added a POST BONUS, which includes shoppable costume links in case you need a last-minute idea, or my pony girls inspired your Halloween costume look.

You'll find it at the end of this post.


FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

FAIRY PRINCESS


The butterfly headpiece on this costume was actually a large butterfly Christmas tree ornament that I painted purple.


The fairy wings came from the dollar store, which I also painted purple, and I added purple ribbon and flowers in Mixies hair.



LITTLE DEVILS




These little devil costumes consisted of red tulle tutus, red bows in the bangs and glitter devil ears.

I handmade the tutus with red tulle, and I also made the devil horns from by cutting horn shapes from cardstock, painting them red and covering them in red glitter.


I attached the horns and a red bow to a plastic headband with hot glue.

LADYBUGS




I bought the ladybug antenna ears and skirts from the dollar store and added black and red tulle to fluff up the skirts.



WIZARD OF OZ CREW 

The Wizard of Oz theme is one of my favorite ideas.



I needed a Dorthy so one of my little white silkies raised her hand to participate.

I made her skirt from a piece of tissues paper and tulle that I hot glued to a plastic headband.

I made her hair braids by braiding brown fabric and draping it over her shoulders.


Mixie was the Scarecrow, and her hat and tutu are a combination of old fabric scraps, tulle and even twine form the barn.


Cedar was the Tin Man, and I made her hat from an oil filter covered in tin foil.

Her tutu is a combination of blue and white tulle, along with strips of tin foil mixed in.


Shilo was the Cowedly Lion, her lion locks were a combination of light-colored fabric scraps, tulle, and a brown paper bag that I cut into strips.  I rolled the paper bag strips so that they would curl.


 LITTLE WITCHES

This year the ponies were all dressed to impress like little witches. 


I made their tutu from a roll of black tulle and used a gold holiday garland as the waistband.



As for their witch hat covered in plastic spiders, it was found in my Halloween storage stash.


BARBIE AND KEN

Talk about spooky! This Halloween was the year I woke up to the ground covered in a fresh layer of SNOW!

Thankfully, we’ve already been preparing for the winter weather around the farm, but I did have to dig out my snow boots since my other chore boots were left out on the porch overnight and glistening with a white-snowy sparkle.

Anyhow, the snow did not stop us from celebrating the day with some HALLOWEEN FARM FUN!

We went with Barbie. 



The visor was made with a cardstock that I painted bright colors and glued on the Barbie logo. 

Those neon knee pads are socks with the toes cut off.

It was fun having Wolf the rooster joins in as Ken.






POST BONUS: SHOPPABLE HALLOWEEN COSTUME LINKS 




Shoppable Lady Bug Costume Ideas


Shoppable Witch Costume Ideas


Shoppable Barbie Costume Ideas


Shoppable Devil Costume Ideas


Shoppable Wizard of Oz Theme Costume Ideas




Shoppable Fairy Costume Ideas




MORE POSTS YOU MAY ENJOY