DIY CHICKEN FEEDER FROM GUTTER SCRAPS


 

Here’s a quick DIY idea post for the crazy chicken owners.

We redid the gutters on our house recently, and there were scrap gutter pieces that got me thinking about what I could do with them.

I remembered years ago seeing a post on Pinterest about making DIY chicken feeders with gutters, and I’m giving it a go.

Now, if you’re worried about not having gutter scrap pieces, as I did, know that these gutters are K-Snap from Menards, and they are inexpensive.


Member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program

FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

The scrap gutter pieces I have measure about 5 feet each.

What I did first was attach the gutter pieces to a board about the same length with screws.

I put a screw about every foot.



I made two feeders and attached one to the chain link fencing we have surrounding our coop, and I attached one directly to the side of the coop.


For the feeder I attached to the fence, I used more gutter scrap pieces to attach it.

I’m not sure what the piece is called but it holds part of the gutters to your house.




For the feeder attached to the coop I just used screws.


I did not even bother putting endcaps on the gutter pieces because I figured if it rained, they would just end up collecting water.



I love that they are off the ground, and I don’t have to move dishes around when I’m cleaning up around the coop area.

They make the area tidier.

There also easy to fill with feed.

I use a feed scoop.



XOXO

Emily

POST BONUS

Shoppable Links to Top Selling Chicken Feeders and Chicken Treats















YOU MIGH ALSO ENJOY THESE CHICKEN RELATED POSTS