BATHROOM VANITY IDEA: TURNING A VINTAGE DRESSER INTO A VANITY



I have been in love with the whole dresser-turned-bathroom vanity idea for a while, so when we remodeled the guest bathroom, I knew I’d be repurposing a dresser to use as a vanity.

I found the dresser on Facebook Marketplace for $100.00.

It was vintage and in good condition, but I hated the flower knobs, and the mirror, which I think is very pretty, didn’t fit between our board and batten wall space, so it needed to find a replacement.


FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

DRESSER TURNED VANITY

I kept the dresser its natural wood color, so there was no real work when it came to the finish, however I did apply a waterproof poly to the top to prevent water damage.

To attach the vessel sink, two holes had to be drilled through the top of the dresser, one for the sink drain and the other for the water faucet.


We also had to modify the center drawer, to fit piping, but it’s still functional for storage.




The knobs were all replaced with wood drawer pulls, besides the two flower ones in the center, I decided I did kind of like them. 


As I mentioned earlier, the original mirror did not fit between the board and batten walls, so the mirror was replaced.

I found the new mirror while thrifting, and I think it was a whopping $15.00, and I love the way this vanity looks.




It holds a little charm, and my guest always complement how cute it is.

It's another one of those pieces I have throughout my home that is one-of-a-kind, and REAL WOOD.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by and supporting the blog today! 

It truly means so much to me and the hobby farm.

XOXO

Emily

POST BONUS: SHOPPABLE LITTLE EXTRAS FOR THE BATHROOM THAT ALSO MAKE FABULOUS HOUSEWARMING GIFT IDEAS 

A COUPLE ARE FUNNY 


Bath Towel Sets  

Funny Candle "I can't wait to poop in your toilet." 

The Pink Stuff Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Handheld Electric Shower Scrubber

Funny Bathroom Guest Book

Revitalizing Shower Filter

Fragrance Diffusers Set

Bathroom Organizer Set

Portable Shower Speaker

Aromatherapy Shower Steamers


YOU MAY ENJOY THESE RELATABLE POSTS