SUGAR COOKIES, NEW TOYS, AND PAW PATES: HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO THE KITTY CAT KIDS

It’s still hard to believe that after living on our property for 21 plus years, Mama May-May was the first stray cat to make a home in our barn.

Of course, she changed our lives when she dropped off the kitty kids a few days after her arrival last year but ….

You can read the kitten’s birth story under the post, PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTR YOUR FARM CATS: THE STORY OF OUR SMALL CAT COLONY.

I'll leave a link for that post at the end of this post, because you came here to PARTY! 


FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

The kitty kids officially turned one, and we celebrated their first birthday with sugar cookies, paw pates, and new toys!

The sugar cookies were for us humans, and they were so fun to make.

I used a recipe I found on Pinterest, and some fun Paw Print Cookie Cutters



For the frosting, I used a container of premixed vanilla cake frosting that you buy from the store, and I added red food coloring into to make it pink.

Then, I used a frosting piping bag with a small icing tip and a butter knife to apply the frosting to the cookies.



Considering the paw-shaped cookies could work for a cat or dog, I decided I needed it to be known the party was for cats, so I used my old Wilton cat-shaped cookie cutter and made some kitty shaped cookies too.



After the cat-shaped cookies finished baking, I wasn’t sure how to decorate them, so I decided since snoozing is a favorite kitty activity, I would make a blanket for each cat cookie.


Again, just plain premade vanilla cake frosting and start sprinkles for decoration.


We adults enjoyed the cookies, but what about the kitty kids?

It’s their first birthday!


Using the small Paw Print Cookie Cutter, I turned some wet cat food into paw pate, and dinner was served on kitty head party plates.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITTY CAT KIDS






Photos during dinner were pretty hard, as the meal went fast, and Mama-May and Macho Man enjoyed the party feast too.

After all, it is Mama May-May’s I found a home celebration as well.





As for the gifts, the kitty kids got a new Cat Fountain

I like this one because you can see the water level and it lights up.



They also got Catnip Balls  that stick on the wall.

These are great for boredom and help with teeth cleaning.

All of the cats enjoy giving these Catnip Balls  a lick.


A new 30 pack of Cat Toy Tubes!

Mama May-May and Dell love these.


Sixty colorful Cat Toy Springs!

These are a cat toy must, and everyone loves these.


And a rubber snake from the local dollar store.


Let’s just say this first year with all the cats has been a BIG adjustment, but we’re making it work along the way.

The cat kids love having their outdoor space with the catio, and the kitty cat playroom has been a lifesaver.

Thanks for being here!

This little farm and me, appreciate you stopping by.

XOXO 

Emily

Need a paw shaped cookie cutters or a gift for your kitty? 

HERE ARE YOUR LINKS









And if you want to know how we ended up with all these delightful felines read the post,