MAKING DIY CAT ART FOR THE KITTY PLAYROOM

I was hanging out in my art room over the weekend working on some projects, and my mind drifted, or procrastinated, and I ended up creating some fun kitty cat artwork for the cat’s playroom!

Yep, if you’re new here, I have seven felines, and they have their own playroom in our basement. 


FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

I’ve been planning to add some color to the kitty cat playroom for a while, and these mixed-media art pieces did the trick.

In this post, I’ll show you how I got started on the project, in case you want to try your own, and then I’ll show you how my kitty art turned out.

First, I collected photos of each one of my cats and printed them in black and white using my home printer and standard printer paper. 

NOTE: I used my photo editing program to remove the image background to save printer ink.


Next, I used scissors to cut out the kitty body shapes.


After I cut out all the bodies, I needed something to apply them to.

I had a few options, but I went with some scrap pieces of hardboard panel that I painted white.

You could also use wood panels or canvas panels.


I painted one panel per cat, so seven total.

Once the panels dried, I used Mod Podge to glue each kitty to a panel.


That’s the first step to get started.

Next, the imagination happens.

I used acrylic paints, paint pens, glitter, and faux jewels for the finishing touches.

I’ll leave a supply list at the end of this post.

I also sprayed each panel with varnish to give them a shiny finish.

My cat’s Macho Man and May-May had a few extra touches, with tassels and pom-pom ribbon along the bottom edge.





All of the paintings were hung in the kitty playroom, and I hand-painted paw prints around them for an extra touch.


I love them and think they are really cute.

I may even have to make a few more.

What do you think?

Do you see an art project in your future?

Happy Creating!

Emily

SUPPLIES USED

  • Craft Paint & Brushes
  • Paint Markers
  • Mod Podge
  • Printer Paper
  • Scissors
  • Glitter
  • Faux Jewels
  • MDF Board

POST BONUS:  IF YOU LOVE ALL THINGS KITTY AND CRAFTY THESE SHOPPABLE CAT CRAFTY LINKS ARE FOR YOU!