DIY COLORFUL ICE GARLAND AND A PONY SIZED SNOWFORT


We built a snow fort for the ponies, and to make it even more spectacular, we added some
 colorful ice garlands.

The garland was so easy to make, and it’s so PRETTY!

 It sparkles brightly when the sun hits it.

I have to give credit to my hubs on the snow fort because he did most of the digging.

We were both determined to make it fit for a pony.

FARM DUST AND PAINT is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

HOW TO MAKE COLORFUL DIY ICE GARLAND

Colorful ice garland is so easy to make!

 I got the idea from Instagram and have seen many people making it this winter and sharing it on their reels.

I think next year I’d like to make it around Christmas time with red and green.

SUPPLIES

  • Muffin Pan – I used multiple in many sizes.
  • Food Coloring
  • Water
  • A string or rope. I used black yarn.

Basically, to make the ice garland, all you have to do is run the sting along each muffin hole.

Next, fill each muffin hole to the top with water, and add a few drops of food coloring to each muffin hole.



Once the water in the muffin pan freezes, you can run them under a little warm water, and they should pop right out of the pan.

Don’t let them run under the water too long, or you could melt what’s holding your sting.


How simple and fun is that?


SNOW FORT PHOTOSHOOT

I was so surprised all three of the ponies took a peek inside the snowy cave.

Part of me was thinking it would be a little too small, and they would say NO WAY!

I climbed inside the fort first and coaxed them with a few treats.

You can almost always motivate a pony with treats, at least my girls.

Mixie’s hair makes her the perfect cave-pony



Cedar had been watching us dig out and decorate the snow fort from the barn. I’d say that she was the most curious and the first to check it out.




Shiloh is taller than the other two by 4-5 inches, and when she made her way into the cave, her back touched the garland a bit. She’s such a good girl and was delighted to come into the snow fort for treats.



I absolutely adore this snow fort. 


I say it’s not bad for a couple of forty-plus-year-olds and their ponies.

XOXO

Emily