TEACUP IDEA: MAKE A DIY BIRD FEEDER


Ok, I’ll admit it! I’m officially one of those people who sit around looking out my window and yelling, “Look! Look! A blue jay! Oh, a cardinal, two of them.” So why wouldn’t I be making some teacup bird feeders out of the vintage teacups I found while riding my bike over the summer?!

Yep, you heard me.

I found an entire vintage set of dishes and teacups at the end of a driveway for FREE while out on a morning bike ride. 

I got home after the bike ride and took the car back to get them. 

Did I need them? 

No, but they were free, and I’m crafty. 

Plus, I love me some old pretty dishes.


They washed up beautifully, and I ended up with a complete setting for six. 

I also have a handful of pieces with scratches, chips, and cracks that I’m saving for more crafting and whatnot.


FARM DUST AND PAINT 
is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

SUPPY LIST

Vintage Teacup with Bowl or Saucer

E6000 Glue

String cut in a 16-inch strip

Peanut Butter

Birdseed

Making Teacup DIY Bird Feeders

Attaching the teacup to the bowl was easy peasy.

I just applied some E6000 Glue to the center of the bowl and placed the teacup sideways on top of the glue, and let it dry for 24 hours.



Next, I spread a little peanut butter into the teacup and bowl before I brought it outside to hang.

Once I picked the perfect spot to hang the feeder, I tied it to the branch with my string. After it was secure on the branch, I sprinkled on my birdseed.





It’s so cute. 

I almost want to fill the entire tree with teacup ornaments for the summer.

 Wouldn’t that be adorable?

Happy bird watching!

XOXO

Emily