HOW TO MAKE DIY TEACUP FAIRY HOUSES

This summer I've been working on a adding a fairy theme to our backyard walking trails, and for this crafty project I’m using can lids and old vintage teacups to make FAIRY HOUSES.

If you want to make these little fairy houses for yourself, you do have to be careful because the can lids are sharp around the edges, and I decided to use broken saucers for the bases of the houses, which also had some sharp spots. 


FARM DUST AND PAINT 
is reader-supported. When you click and purchase through links or images on this page, I may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More.

hOW TO MAKE DIY TEACUP FAIRY HOUSES

To start this project, I glued teacups onto broken saucer bases with E600 Glue.

Next were all the details, which started with can lids, hot glue, and mini craft sticks. 

I used my hot glue gun to attach craft sticks to one side of the can lid.

 Then, I trimmed the sticks with scissors to match the circle shape, which doesn’t have to be perfect.



Next, I cut a few popsicle sticks for the doors and windows and painted all these wood pieces with craft paints. 



LET'S PUT THE TEACUP FAIRY HOUSES TOGETHER

I took the can lids covered in painted sticks and hot glued them to the insides of the teacups. 



I also used hot glue to attach the window and door pieces I made from a popsicle stick.

To hide glue around the edges I applies some moss.


For more details, I used paint markers around the doors, windows and a few other areas. 


I also glued on some small pea gravel rocks and faux flowers around the houses.

Plus, I found some fun metal fairy benches at my local Dollar General that I ended up spray painting.


To place the teacup fairy houses in the ground along our backyard trails, I made a post for them out of rebar.

I drilled a partial hole into a small piece of wood and glued the rebar inside the hole.

Then, I glued the teacup fairy house on top of the piece of wood.

HERE'S HOW THE FINISHED TEACUP FAIRY HOUSES TURNED OUT




The little teacup fairy houses are a fun addition to the fairy forest I’m slowly trying to create on our backyard trails. 

It’s fun to have a little quirkiness on the trail when walking the ponies.

XOXO

Emily